Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Leor's Day 14

Let me start off by thanking everyone for posting some comments. It’s so great to hear from you guys. Alex bro, talking to you the other day was a blast…you made my day...you cracked me up as usual with all the funny shit you have to say.
Oren it’s awesome to hear from you. How’s GUILOU? People watch out for Oren’s Band: ST. SYMPHONIC STREETS. He is one awesome musician.

Today was the beginning of O-week at the Uni. Basically a bunch of stuff is going on since school stars next week: parties, clubs and free food. In the morning we had to go fix our schedule. The line was extremely long but we cut in line without even knowing it. We started talking to this 25 year old German guy. A funny moment was when we were discussing the bullshit classes we want to take and Malca told the German, “Why don’t you study German history?” You had to see the guy’s face. For rest of the day we just walked around checking out the different clubs. What I love about Sydney is all the fun-loving Christian groups trying to recruit. Picture Ned Flanders saying “Oh, you’re Jewish, I love Jews, Jesus was Jewish.”…jokes.
In the Afternoon there was a band called, “Dappled Cities Fly” playing some tunes (they actually have a website). I really liked them. They sounded like a blend of Radiohead, the Killers with some Sonic Youth. Also, the guitarist looked like Richard Zednik (I took a pic with the band, check photo album part 2, He’s the one with the brown shirt). Malca thought they sucked. I should really teach that kid what good music sounds like. The day ended with a movie and fireworks. All in all it was a pretty cool day.

Over the last week the hippie in me has really come out. I saw this cheap guitar for 60 Australian dollars in a pawn shop on King St.....I can’t wait to go buy it (I miss my guitar so much). As I’m writing this I’m listening to Neil Young’s CORTEZ THE KILLER. What a sick song. I love how he solos for like 10 minutes before he starts singing. I’ve also been listening to lots of Cats Stevens lately. What a poet. He has a song called father and son where he goes “from the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen” and “take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.
It’s funny to think he’s on the US terror watch list. This is the guy who wrote Peace train and Morning has broken. Where am I going with this? I don’t know. It’s late and I’m kind of tired.

Take care everyone. Remember there is a Bob Dylan song in all of us. Don’t lie to your parents and as my favorite Bob Dylan quote goes, “all the truths in the world add up to one big lie.”
Oh yeah and BIG UP to Saku Koivu, 3 points and the victory. GO HABS GO.

Comments:
YES Leor! get malca some good music into his brain for once, he was on the right track with massive attack but he lost interest after one song. peace be unto you brother
 
Lior ! I read you guys every day ! tell us how the Australian Girls are... and when are u gonna get one of'em Roos in the sack !!!
 
yusuf islam is a former poet, he now is as much of poet as bush is a genius.
 
I've been followed by a Mullah's Camel !!! That is a great poem !!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
anonymus you're right..for all I know...cat stevens is probably jamming in a cave with bin laden right know.
 
hey Li, I read the blog it's great!I love the pictures. keep me posted!!live it up, party hard and whenever you get a minute study!enjoy!!love u sab
 
wattup gaby and leor, keep the post running, it's awesome!!
Ben
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?